Sunday, December 16, 2007

Tuned In

My first youth camp as a facilitator was more than I had wanted it to be.

Before the camp, I had only wanted a break from the monotony of my current life. I wanted to experience again the high of thinking of nothing else but serving God because our routines often distract us from that vision.

True to the name of the camp, God allowed me to tune in to Him once more. The first semester was a time of confusion for me. I felt there was something missing in my relationship with God and I was confused and frustrated and insecure. But during the camp, He reminded me that I should not bother myself too much with the details of life because I need only depend on Him completely and everything will turn out His way - the best way. The experience of serving Him just showed me His overwhelming and overflowing love.

After the camp, He kept me tuned in. He opened my consciousness to His surprises and now I see Him working in my life more clearly than ever before.

My birthday this year was just extra special because of His surprises. My second semester may still be filled with frustration but now I am better equipped to handle them.

God always has a way of surprising us. We need only tune in to Him and every moment of our lives will be a surprise from Him.

No comments: