Monday, April 16, 2007

The Beginning

Finally! A blog of my own. :D

The reason I want to blog is because these days, I've become so forgetful, especially of my thoughts or ideas regarding anything. haha. I've developed a memory bank capable of storing trivia like who created Middle-Earth or which countries fell to the German blitzkrieg but not phone numbers, names of acquiantances and everyday events. But these things are not for the blog but for my phonebook. :p

The things I will write about will be those of significance to me - things that have attracted my attention or have sent a lot of nerve impluses across my nervous system especially in the cerebrum. I will write about my thoughts on stuff happening in my life and others happening around me.

When I hear about something interesting, I really think about it and sometimes when the right person asks, I can refine my ideas. Unfortunately, after that moment of enlightenment, I usually forget the essential parts. And I feel it's such a loss because I think some of those thoughts I've lost to the immense burden of Pisay life include important lessons - not about LDMU or Redox reactions - but real life lessons - stuff you don't learn in the classroom and don't come to everybody.

So I hope this blog will help me remember those lessons.

Thanks to Ray-ray for the helping me with the title. :D

Clouds are my favorite subjects when I take pictures. Believe it or not, when looking at pictures, I remember the events usually not by the personalities but the setting - building, trees, cars, roads, clouds. The great thing about clouds is that it provides great contrast so it's very easy to get a good picture. But the best thing I like about them is that you can never capture the same moment twice. You can do that with architecture or people but never with clouds. Clouds just drift away so fast you are only given one fleeting moment to seize the memory of it. Parang yung thoughts ko noh? :p

Many people have been pushing me to blog and I've really wanted too. I used to have one but it didn't turn out the way I wanted it so I just stopped blogging afterwards. So why start now?

I'm really a sucker for grand stuff. My obsession for fireworks, Lord of the Rings and other stuff that are just so big, epic and grand just proves this. I've been waiting for the perfect moment to start one and this is it. I just came from the 14th YFC - International Leaders' Conference and I would say it is the one of the best events of my life. And there is no grander timing than this. haha.

So yun na lang. haha. Quite a long first post noh? Thank God I finally have a blog. :D

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

And here's your first comment. :)

So, "The Cloud Rider" -- I like it! Welcome aboard and I look forward to reading some great stuff from you.

Too bad you were never my student, so dito na lang tayo sa blogworld babawi sa isa't isa. :)

Anyway, good luck sa Ateneo. Ngayon ko lang nalaman yun, so what course? If you need any tips on which history, polsci, philo or theo professors to get (or who not to get) don't think twice about asking me. I'll give you the profs who are worth your time. (Uh, is that a good thing? Hehe.)

Well, that's it for now. This is just the beginning. Ride high, Cloud Rider.

Rob said...

hey sir martin. galing! my first comment. hehe.

thank you sir and i really hope i don't disappoint you. haha. and i'll keep that option in mind.

Anonymous said...

See? Hindi lang ako ang naghihintay ng updates mo! Kaya update na! :P

Anonymous said...

Aha! I found your blog, too! Sige, since Martin is offering inside info on history, polsci, philo or theo professors, let me cover those in the Department of English. hehehe.

As Ray2 said, please update your blog. I’m adding to the pressure by adding you to my blogroll. XP

See you in school.

Anonymous said...

Shhh. Don't pressure Rob. Let him take his time. Hindi naman tayo nagaabang ng entries diba? We just happen to pass by... all the time. Oops. No pressure. XD

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I passed by again hoping that you'd... just kidding! (I really blog-hop on study breaks.)

Joji said...

i was just wondering, why ateneo? :)

Joji said...

nga pala, congrats on your new blog. second year palang, i was kind of hoping you'd create a blog na. and the day finally came! haha. :)